Ariella Green Week 10: Thanksgiving

Ariella Green Week 10: Thanksgiving


I don’t know about all of you, but I happen to love Thanksgiving, mainly for the food. Thanksgiving food is

my comfort food that I only eat once a year. Also, come on, you can’t argue that Thanksgiving leftovers are

not outrageously delicious. I love to make a panini sandwich with my leftovers. Since it seems to be a

theme of mine to write about the impending holidays for my blog posts, I figured I’d rank for you my

favorite Thanksgiving foods. 


7. Pumpkin Pie

I apologize in advance, but I can’t stand pumpkin pie. The texture of it throws me off because it is too

pureed. The color is kinda questionable, and it’s just too overwhelming of a pie. 

Pumpkin Pie Recipe (From Scratch) - Live Well Bake Often

6. Apple Pie

Even though Thanksgiving is known for its dessert, my goal of the evening is not to save room for dessert.

As a more savory food kind of person, I much prefer the meal over the dessert. Apple pie is listed as number 6 because it just makes more sense than pumpkin. 

Our Favorite Apple Pie

image

5. Green bean casserole 

I feel sorry for you if you screw up green bean casserole. The crunchy onions and the rue are what makes

theses veggies worth eating, even though the amount of butter used makes it not the most healthy vegetable

for you, but for one night of the year you can live it up a bit. 

Green Bean Casserole Recipe | French's

image

4. Turkey 

This is where the Thanksgiving meal all began, it’s the main event of the evening. The turkey can either

make or break the Thanksgiving meal. It’s what the people remember from the evening. Personally, your

stomach only has so much room for turkey, plus it makes you exhausted. If you’re looking for a restful

night’s sleep, load up your plate with as much Turkey as your heart desires. Extra points for you if your

Turkey is fried.

Deep-Fried Turkey Recipe | Alton Brown | Food Network

image


3. Cranberry sauce/Gravy 

You can’t enjoy Thanksgiving without the sauces. You’re a fool if you like your food dry. The gravy and the

cranberry sauce go together hand in hand because one can’t exist without the other. However, I will disown

you if you and your family use the sauces from the can, but to each its own. 

Ruby port cranberry sauce – Best cranberry sauce recipes 2022

image

2. Mashed potatoes 

Butter, butter, and more butter. Mashed potatoes whether they’re sweet potatoes with marshmallows or

yellow potatoes, they’re one of the few foods I guarantee you’ll go for seconds, thirds, or maybe even

fourths. 

Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows - thestayathomechef.comVelvety Mashed Potatoes Recipe | Tyler Florence | Food Network

1. Stuffing 

Some of you may be shocked that stuffing comes in at number one, but I mean, have you ever had stuffing?

I can eat potatoes, turkey, green beans, and pie all throughout the year, but stuffing, this is the only night of

the year I can stuff myself with stuffing. You best believe I give myself a heavy scoop of stuffing on my

plate. 

Simple Is Best Stuffing Recipe | Bon Appétit

Question: How would you rank my list? Happy ranking!


Comments

  1. I respect your list, however, I would have to rank turkey a bit higher. Though I definitely agree that stuffing is by far the best food on Thanksgiving. You can count on me to eat a lot of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rankings are accurate for the most part. Pumpkin pie is disgusting, to say the least, but I would definitely put apple pie higher up on the list. Either way I respect the order and your descriptions are spot on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Yesner Week 10 - The Imposter Syndrome

Rosalie Weiss- Week 1- “The Hermit Crab” by Mary Oliver

Leah Nagle - Week 4 - College is Stressing Me Out