Ben Nikpour - Week 4: Do Revenge

    Recently I watched the film Do Revenge on Netflix. The movie was released very recently on September 16th starring Camila Mendes and Maya Hawke. Other than Camila Mendes, the movie has a cast full of celebrities from many different popular shows and movies: Mendes from Riverdale, Maya Hawke from Stranger Things, Austin Abrams from Euphoria, Ava Capri from Love, Victor, Sophie Turner from Game of Thrones, Sarah Michelle Gellar from the live-action Scooby-Doo, Paris Berelc from a lot of old Disney shows I used to watch, Alisha Boe from 13 Reasons Why, Jonathan Daviss from Outer Banks, and so many other celebrities from hit films, too. The movie follows the story of two girls, Drea, played by Camila Mendes, and Eleanor, played by Maya Hawke, who are seeking revenge on people from their high school who mistreated them. I won’t spoil anything, but I will say that it includes a lot of twists and surprises.

    I was first introduced to the movie by a friend who recommended it. I didn’t really have any interest in watching it other than the fact that it included a lot of actors and actresses I liked. I ended up watching the two-hour movie and have mixed opinions on it. I found the movie to be quite stupid, for lack of better words. It was a typical Netflix production tailored to teenagers, which I honestly expected. While the plot was dumb, it was still interesting to watch, and I did enjoy the twists. I read a review online that mentioned how the movie was alright, but it was hard to build a connection to the characters, which I agree with. When watching a movie, I like to care about the characters I am watching, but in this film, I didn’t like them so much. Overall, I would not say that this is a must-watch movie, but if you have some free time and do not have anything else to watch, this movie is good enough. 

Have you watched Do Revenge yet, or would you watch it?


Do Revenge - Wikipedia

Comments

  1. I follow Maya Hawke on instagram, you know how it is, if you act on Stranger Things I follow you, Anyways, she has been posting and hyping up this movie for a very long time, and I have been very excited about it. I haven’t seen it yet because I’ve been so busy, but I will watch it soon. I hope I enjoy it a bit better than you did, but I know how Netflix movies are and they aren’t the best original content out there. Either way I’m going to watch it and I’ll let you know whether I like it or not.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Yesner Week 10 - The Imposter Syndrome

Rosalie Weiss- Week 1- “The Hermit Crab” by Mary Oliver

Leah Nagle - Week 4 - College is Stressing Me Out