Avital Horowitz - Week 10 - The Sky

We finally made it! Last blog post ever! It is pretty crazy, to be honest. When brainstorming ideas for what I should write about, I really felt that it needed to be special. Something I hold closely to my heart. I kept thinking that I needed to go out with a bang, and what better way to do that is there to write about something important to you? This got me thinking, "what is one of the most important or valued things that are a part of my everyday life?" A broad question, I know. I could not say the cliche answers like family or friends. It needed to be something unique. Then it finally dawned on me, the sky. 

Now, I know what you're thinking, "the sky? Avital, what could possibly be so special about the sky?" Well, honestly, I thought the same thing last spring. It was not until the beginning of last summer that I really started admiring and paying more attention to the sky. So, what is so special about the sky? Immediately my mind goes to its beauty. Whether it is sunrise, sunset, or even the middle of the day, the sky never fails to show off its overwhelming charm. Waking up early to go watch the sunrise at the beach is definitely one of my favorite things to do during my spare time. After stepping out of my car and taking in the mesmerizing view, the feeling of freedom suddenly flushes over my body. That is the one thing I actually enjoy about waking up early in the morning for school. I always wake up early enough to see the sun go up and the beautiful sight in the sky. I never miss an opportunity of taking a quick picture of the alluring sky above. 

You're probably wondering, "sure Avital, the view is pretty and all, but why do you care so much? It's just a nice picture." Technically, you are correct, it is a nice picture, but to me, it is so much more than that. I have a personal belief that when our loved ones pass away and go off to heaven, they paint the sky all pretty for us to show us that they are there, up above, watching over us. That is what makes the sky so special. That is what it says to me. The beauty of the sky always reminds me that my late loved ones are always with me and forever will be, especially when I simply just look up. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Yesner Week 10 - The Imposter Syndrome

Rosalie Weiss- Week 1- “The Hermit Crab” by Mary Oliver

Leah Nagle - Week 4 - College is Stressing Me Out