Liam Meldung - Week 10 - Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

            Alright, so I know that I have already written at least one other blog on a tv show or movie that I wanted to review, but I watched Black Panther: Wakanda Forever this weekend and I felt it necessary for me to write about it. Don’t worry, no spoilers ahead!!

            Lately I haven’t been very captivated by most of the new MCU tv shows and movies. I walked into this movie with medium expectations, not super excited, but not upset about seeing it. Anyway, I sat through the movie and fell in love. I will say I wish I didn’t see it with my little sister because she was very hyper and made me lose focus a whole bunch, but otherwise I loved it. The characters, the plot, the music, all worked perfectly together and I would absolutely call it a masterpiece of a movie. I also think a huge aspect of this movie was Chadwick Boseman AKA the Black Panther’s death. 

            The characters and plot were so well thought out and the way they are using this movie to be a starting point for new characters with their own story is so exciting. I don’t want to spoil anything so I won’t go any further. The thing I can really talk about is the music. Every song and sound they used in the movie is timed, placed, and chosen perfectly throughout and for the movie. The song “Lift Me Up” by Rihanna is amazing. I did some research after I saw the movie about the song, and supposedly this is the first song she has made in quite a while and is going to be the start of her new phase of her music. This song is definitely slow, but every time I hear it I picture the movie and the scene it is in and it makes me enjoy it more and more every time. 

            The last aspect of the movie I really want to talk about is how they paid tribute to the death of Chadwick Boseman. The title scene at the beginning of every Marvel movie, where you see scenes from movies of all the characters on the sides of the word Marvel and on it, as well as the theme music, in this movie it was different. I was super happy to see that they made it all about the Black Panther, they put his pictures and him throughout the word on the screen and made it purple, the color associated with the character. They also made that whole part silent, a moment of silence for an amazing person, an amazing actor, and for someone who touched the hearts of many.

            Well, those are my thoughts on the movie and if you have seen it come talk to me so we can talk about how amazing it was!!!

            What do you think about the movie if you have seen it? If you haven't, are you excited to see it?

Chadwick Boseman Shouted "Wakanda Forever!" on the Oscars Red Carpet -  Oscars 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Yesner Week 10 - The Imposter Syndrome

Rosalie Weiss- Week 1- “The Hermit Crab” by Mary Oliver

Leah Nagle - Week 4 - College is Stressing Me Out