Maya Garaway Week 4: My Playlist

  Music is a big part of my everyday life. I listen to music quite often whether it is in the car, while I am working on art, or even just walking. My taste in music really just depends on the day and I listen to a very wide range of music too.

One of my playlists, which I don't think it would be appropriate to say the title of, has been my main playlist since freshman year. There was one night that I was procrastinating and decided to make a playlist with almost any song that I like. So far, I have continued that trend. Currently, my playlist is at 1,419 songs and a playtime of 79 hours and 32 minutes. I am proud to say the least. I have also recently decided to make smaller playlists for each month with a smaller selection of songs to choose from. It has been very helpful in finding the songs I want to listen to compared to scrolling through over 1000 songs. As I look through my Spotify, it is quite interesting to see how my music is sorted. Each playlist, section, or song now reminds me of a different period of time in my life. It has become almost a music journal and it's very fun for me to scroll through and remember different times. It made some songs bitter-sweet, but in the end, they are still my memories. 

Each monthly playlist I have is influenced by the people I am surrounded by. I started this idea in May and it has been worth it since then. Currently, my playlists from September-July have been filled with songs from my friends in Rhode Island as well as songs that remind me of home. June includes a lot of Twenty One Pilots songs because my friend and I listened to them a lot then, and May has music from a trip I took when I met a few friends that month. Almost every song has a memory associated with it. Whether it's someone's favorite song, someone recommended it to me, I heard it during an event, or more. Each one holds a different memory.


What are your favorite songs? Do you have any memories associated with them?





Comments

  1. I love all types of music and if I'm going to be honest, I don't think I can pick a favorite song. I listen to pretty much everything, pop, rap, country, Israeli music... The list goes on. I have some pretty great memories of some songs, like singing the song, "Kvish Hachof" by Static and Ben El, at the beach in Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have listened to a broad variety of music and music genres over the past years. I also have a playlist that I put everything I like into one place and every song brings me back to another time - usually one that I enjoy remembering. The song "Out of My League" brings back memories from my 8th grade Israel trip and it is the first song I put on my playlist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Yesner Week 10 - The Imposter Syndrome

Rosalie Weiss- Week 1- “The Hermit Crab” by Mary Oliver

Leah Nagle - Week 4 - College is Stressing Me Out