Liam Meldung - Week 4 - FILM, FILM, FILM!

        You all are probably going to hear a lot about film from me this year and for the rest of my life. This is my passion, whether it be screenwriting, directing, producing, editing, and everything else that comes along with it. I love it all. 

        All I want to do is work in film. I love entertainment just like everyone else, but I always had an eye and an underlying interest in storytelling through the big screen. I always say I love tv and film more than an average person. I analyze everything when I watch a movie, the plot, the characters, I learn about the actors, I try to learn as much about the crew, and I watch as much as I can to learn how different scenes in films are actually made. In Shang Chi: Legend of the Ten Rings by the MCU I watched a video of how the scene on the bus was filmed. It was crazy and took forever for them, and I loved everything about it. The technology, the design, the innovation, and the creativity. I will add at the bottom of this blog a link to the video I watched, if you want to see. 

        I started writing my own screenplays and am creating my own ideas and making them happen. I am writing my zombie tv show, I am directing and producing an original stop-motion with Maya Garaway, here’s your shoutout haha, and so much more. I try to build my resume for colleges, but it’s really about doing what I love. I want to go to film school and learn from the best and hopefully one day make movies and shows that make a kid like me interested in doing what I do. 

        I have just one problem. I already said how all I want to do is create my scripts and film, and I know this is going to sound like a rant, but I feel like because of school I never have enough time to do everything. There is school all day everyday of the week, the play, college apps, homework, working out, my dogs, spending time with family and friends, and more that gets in the way of my filmmaking. School mostly though. I complained once to Morah Sammy that I don’t want to be in school because I want to be doing what I really love and want to do for the rest of my life. I know I shouldn’t complain, but I just wish I had more time for everything.

        Do any of you agree with me? Do you have any aspirations and work you want to do for your future that you feel school is getting in the way of? If so, what are they?

        P.S. Mrs. Ho, don’t get upset with this, I love your class, and I know how school works, I just think about this sometimes.


Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings bus scene explained from the Insider

https://www.insider.com/how-disney-marvels-shang-chi-filmed-bus-fight-scene-2021-11 



Comments

  1. I agree with what you are saying. I am at the point where I don't feel like my day begins until school ends. Once I get home, I am finally able to work on my art projects. Honestly, it is 11:53 right now and I am planning on starting a project once I submit this. Although, I am excited for the holidays because it will give a bit more free time for all of the projects. Also, thanks for the shoutout.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Leah Nagle - Week 4 - College is Stressing Me Out

Rosalie Weiss- Week 1- “The Hermit Crab” by Mary Oliver

Jack Yesner Week 10 - The Imposter Syndrome