Adi Chaham week 4: Cheesecake at Cheesecake


As a child, I couldn’t stand to see people eating cheesecake. The idea of cheese in a cake simply grossed me out and felt wrong. I'm not gonna lie, it looks really good but I didn't understand how people could enjoy it. Cheese belonged in mac & cheese or bread, not in cake. However, my love for cheesecake grew through the Cheesecake Factory although I still only like specific cheesecakes that don’t really taste like cheese.  

When I was younger, I used to love everything oreos, whether it’d be cookies and cream ice cream, oreo cake or simply just plain oreos. One day, I was at the Cheesecake factory with my family and decided it was time to give cheesecake a try. Of course, I got the Oreo Dream Extreme cheesecake and wow, I fell in love. I was amazed at the fact that it didn’t taste like Cheesecake but because of the oreos and the sweetness, it overpowered the taste of cheese which to me, was great.   

As time went on, the Oreo Dream Extreme cheesecake became too sweet for me and decided it was time to find a new cheesecake I would love. This was around the same time I started eating peanut butter all the time and paired it with basically anything. Therefore, I'd decided to try the Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake cheesecake. It was between that one and Adam's peanut butter cheesecake but Adam’s cheesecake has butterfinger in it and although I love peanut butter, butterfinger is not my cup of tea. So, just like with the Oreo cheesecake, I tried it and fell in love. Up until before the summer, this was my favorite cheesecake. 

When I came back from my summer vacation, it was the first time I went to the Cheesecake Factory in about 3 months. All I got was the Reese’s peanut butter cheesecake but again, it got old and I got sick of it. 

Two days ago I went to the cheesecake factory for an actual meal with my sisters for the first time in a while. My older sister and I wanted cheesecake but wanted it to be a surprise so my little sister surprised us with one. After faking a birthday, I bit into the cake. At first, I thought it was Cinnabon cheesecake but after taking a second bite, I realized it was tiramisu. I don’t even like tiramisu but something about this cake was different. It was really good, subtle, not too sweet, and had a tad of a coffee taste. It was amazing and is now my new favorite cheesecake until I get sick of this one as well. 

To see the Cheesecake factory dessert menu with photos for reference click here: https://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/location/boca-raton-fl/menu/cheesecakes-specialty-desserts  

Do you like cheesecake? If so, what's your favorite cheesecake? Do you have any good recommendations for cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory?


Comments

  1. Oooo that sounds so good! I love most cheesecakes, but I have a sweet tooth. Personally, I would say the Oreo cheesecake is probably one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar story to you in that I thought cheesecake was disgusting for many years. Now that I've eaten though, it is pretty good. I haven't been to the Cheesecake Factory since COVID and didn't go enough before them to find a favorite flavor, but the Oreo and Cinnabon cheesecakes you describe sound really good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Yesner Week 10 - The Imposter Syndrome

Rosalie Weiss- Week 1- “The Hermit Crab” by Mary Oliver

Leah Nagle - Week 4 - College is Stressing Me Out